| from tumblr |
I am embracing this season of change.
Like many, change at first seems scary - even if it is
something you hoped and prayed to come about for a long time!
Fiancé and I bought a condo and are moving soon.
We have only ever lived in the same place together since the beginning.
We have only ever lived in the same place together since the beginning.
A tiny 500 sq ft apartment. Dark, like a cave. Oddly placed skylights, always dripping.
Neighbors who party at all hours. We are ready to move.
(Are we too old for apartments now?)
Then why am I scared? Nervous?
Will our new neighbors be worse? Will our new windows be worse?
Will our floor be creaky? Will the space be drafty?
No, no, no....
This is no way to think. We are T-minus a few weeks and I make the decision now to think positive.
While some of that stuff might be true - what good is it to dwell and lament? It helps nothing.
While some of that stuff might be true - what good is it to dwell and lament? It helps nothing.
So I will think - what if the windows are better? What if the floors are better?
What if I am...so, so happy there?
Goodbye, tiny place! We spent 7 interesting years here. We fostered our love here.
Now it is time for change. A new chapter.
No comments:
Post a Comment